In addition to serving the local and global communities, there are a number of ways to get involved in the ministries at Westminster. See below for descriptions of committees and ministries where you can share your gifts within the church. Not sure what your gifts are? Take our VolunteerVineyard Match discovery survey to see how your talents, skills, and interests connect with Westminster’s needs, ministries, and mission work.
Ready to get involved? Contact the church office for suggestions, or peruse our current serving opportunities and sign up.
- Child & Youth Christian Education Committee: Designs, supports, and encourages Christian Education efforts for children, youth, and intergenerational groups.
- Adult Christian Education Committee: Oversees and coordinates educational offerings for adults.
- Library Committee: Organizes and promotes the church library.
- Church School Teachers: Team teaches any age level on a rotating schedule.
- WPC Community Garden Volunteers: Plant produce and care for our garden to benefit the Food Bank.
NOTE: Volunteers that serve in our ministries for children and youth must undergo background checks, complete Westminster’s Child & Youth Protection Policy Training, and renew that training every three years.
Congregational Care Committee: Provides friendship and support for members of the WPC family in times of need.
- Maintains and updates the Prayers & Cares list.
- Coordinates meals for members in need and delivers flowers to those needing cheer.
- Organizes the Young Adults Buddies program.
- Helps with the annual All Saints’ observance in worship.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry: Knits and dedicates shawls for those who are ill or in crisis.
Connections Committee: Helps members get to better know and become more involved in the life of the church, coordinates with new members’ class, hosts new member luncheons, and contacts visitors and newcomers.
Fellowship Committee: Organizes special meals and social events at WPC.
Property Management: Oversees the policies, maintenance, contracts, and planning related to the church’s campus and buildings.
- The A-Team: Make minor repairs and support maintenance needs of the church.
Stewardship Committee: Plans and engages members in the annual stewardship campaign.
Worship Committee: Directs all matters having to do with worship.
- Chancel Choir: Leads congregation in 11:00am worship; rehearses on Thursdays at 7:30pm and Sundays at 10:30am; occasional additional rehearsals for special worship services.
- Handbell Choir: Provides music for worship and other occasions about three times per year.
- Brass Ensemble: Plays two or three times per year for special services like Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday; rehearses as needed.
- Worship Volunteers
- Acolytes: Light the candles on the retable at the start of the 11:00am; must be at least eight years old or a rising 3rd grader.
- Lector: Serves as a reader during worship.
- Nursery Volunteers: Help care for our children during worship. Child & Youth Protection Policy training required.
- Offering Counters: Serve in teams to count and record Sunday offerings after each morning worship service approximately four times a year.
- Ushers: Serve in teams to greet and usher worshippers at 4 services a year.
- AV Technicians: Operate the audio or live stream systems for Sunday worship and special services.
- Sanctuary Guild: Ensures the Sanctuary is cared for and kept updated and welcoming.
- Flower Guild: Provides fresh flowers or plants for the chancel and narthex each Sunday, and decorates the church for the liturgical seasons.
- Wedding Committee: Assists pastors in directing weddings held at WPC.
- Funeral Committee: Provides food for receptions following memorial services held at WPC.