Westminster’s COVID-19 Operations Committee, supported by the Session, continues to work to actively balance the needs of our physical and spiritual health.
- The Westminster School for Young Children is working through the details of aligning mask policies and will still probably mask while indoors, as will the Sunday Church School teachers of our youngest children, who don’t yet have access to vaccines.
- As we resume singing on Sunday, March 13, mask-wearing will also remain the norm for a little longer where and whenever singing happens – in corporate worship and in choir practice. Beginning on Sunday, March 20, we’ll enjoy having our Chancel Choir members back in worship to lead singing.
- Singing is a higher-risk activity, so we are choosing to sing with masks first.
- So, when will we be able to sing in a mask-optional worship service? When our Durham community is deemed to be in the “green” low zone of local community COVID-19 levels, as defined by CDC-set case levels. We’ll update you with the good news of a shift to “green” and the corresponding change to mask-optional worship services.
- who are at high risk of severe illness or wish to have an added layer of protection,
- who have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past ten days but are not symptomatic, and
- who are not fully vaccinated.
Thanks for your understanding. Please contact Westminster’s COVID-19 Operations Team with any questions.