Individual and corporate service for others is an essential component of a Christian life well lived and an important part of who we are at WPC. Covid, however, means greater risk for our usual MLK activities of large group projects and sharing a meal indoors. So instead of a single day of service to honor Martin Luther King Jr., our Local Missions Committee is proposing a whole Month of Service in honor of MLK.
On any day in January, do at least a three-hour project in service to others. Like what? Here are some ideas:
- Provide for the needs of someone who can’t; yard work, transportation, cleaning
- Organize a service project for the kids
- Serve at established organizations; Meals on Wheels, Food Bank, Schools, etc.
- Visit shut-ins or other interpersonal time with those in need
- Do a needed project around WPC.
Or, maybe consider doing something new or different. When finished, Local Missions would like you to record your service on this Google form. At the end of the month, we will celebrate together all that has been done and all the many ways our congregation cares for others in our community.