At the end of September a team from WPC will go to Haiti to run a medical clinic for a week. They will also visit an elementary school run by Pastor Leon Dorleans to give out dresses, shoes, and other clothes. It is our goal that every child in the school gets a new piece of clothing or shoes.
Help us reach our goal by bringing donations of the following to the green collection bin in the Mission Center:
- Most Needed: new or gently used shirts, shorts, jeans for boys age 4-11
- new or gently used shirts for girls age 4-11
- new or gently used Crocs, flip flops, and sandals
- over-the-counter medicines (more on that next month)
- fabric, pillowcases, trim, lace, and other supplies suitable for making dresses
Donations to the Haiti Mission Fund for us to purchase what is not donated are also needed and can be brought/mailed to the church office.
We also need people to make pillowcase dresses. Dress kits are available for check-out in the green collection bin. Dresses need to be completed by September 15. We have again set up a workroom for the summer in Room 203. Feel free to drop by and use our supplies to create dress kits or enhance kits that are already made. If you would like more information on the dress project, contact Helen Harrison (email@example.com).