In John 6:35, Jesus said, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” As the Stewardship Committee reflected on the things that bring joy, peace, and richness to our lives, we kept coming back to Christ’s words, and they became the theme of our 2014 Stewardship campaign – Bread of Life: Come. Partake. Share.
Westminster Community Stewardship Relay
This year your pledge materials will once again be delivered to you personally via the Westminster Community Stewardship Relay. The Relay will run from October 20 – November 4.
How it works:
- Our congregation has been divided into Paths of approximately 10 families each.
- A Pledge Pack containing the materials needed to make your financial and Time & Talent pledges to WPC will be relayed from family to family down the Path.
- When the Pack comes to you, please fill out your pledge forms, seal them in the security envelope provided, contact the next family on the Path, and deliver the Pack to them.
A Path Guide assigned to your Path will monitor the progress of the Pack along the Path, answer your questions, and provide overall support throughout the process
- 2014 Stewardship Brochure
- Community Stewardship Relay Instructions
- 2014 Pledge Pack Materials – financial pledge card, Time & Talent pledge form, electronic giving form (Update: Please use this form to sign up for electronic giving)
- September 11 – Save the Date: Stewardship Kick-Off Luncheon
- September 25 – Serving the Bread of Life
- October 9 – What comes to mind when you hear the word “relay”?
- October 23 – As your pen is poised…
- November 6 – Why do we do this?
- September 29 – “Blindess and A Vision of Community” by Chris Tuttle
- October 6 – “In Remembrance” by Taylor Lewis Guthrie Hartman
- October 13 – “The Spaces In-Between” by Chris Tuttle
- October 20 – “Do Your Ears Itch?” by Chris Tuttle
- October 27 – “What Should Church Look Like?” by Betty Berghaus
Check back for text and/or audio of testimonies from the following:
- September 29 – Brian Anderson and Daniel Falkovic
- October 6 – Bill Hatch and Pete Jones
- October 13 – Peyton Dilweg and Kara Pearce (on Time & Talent in myWPC)
- October 20 – Kara Pearce and Carol Mansfield
- October 27 – Dailey Derr and Kate Asquith