We ask everyone to make it a priority to be in church on Sunday, October 28, for “Take Heart” Dedication Sunday. It is also Reformation Sunday, when we give thanks to God for those who have gone before us in faith, particularly the group of brave reformers who 500 years ago reminded the church that discipleship was first and foremost about God’s grace. We live, in confidence and in hope, grateful for all God has done through Jesus Christ.
A critical part of a life of gratitude is thinking about issues of stewardship. Of the time we have been given, how do we make choices that are pleasing to God? Of the gifts God gives us, how do we use them for God’s purposes? Of the money that is entrusted to us, we ask how might we be generous because the life of generosity teaches us to trust and to live as a community towards God’s purposes.
If you are a member or regular attendee of Westminster, please be prepared to respond to God’s call to generosity on Sunday morning. As you consider your 2019 Stewardship commitment, we invite you into prayerful discernment of how you are called to respond to God’s generosity and to Christ’s teaching to love God and neighbor:
- What has stood out to you in the stewardship messages you’ve heard during worship?
- What elements of Westminster’s mission and ministry touch your life most deeply?
- What motivates you to give to the church?
- Do you give as a percentage of your income? If not, what keeps you from doing so?
- Will you covenant to pray about your 2019 Stewardship Commitment and to reflect with yourself and/or family members about what you feel called to give this year?
“Take Heart” Stewardship packets were distributed earlier this month and included a 2019 Commitment card. Please complete your card and bring it with you to church on Sunday. Together we will offer our pledges to God as an act of worship and discipleship.
Visit http://bit.ly/takeheart2019 to review and download any of our “Take Heart” 2019 Stewardship Program materials and resources.