Classes are provided for children and youth, age 2 through 12th grade. All classes are led by teams of adult volunteer teachers who are committed to the mission of telling and living the Good News of God and God’s relationship with us through Jesus Christ.
Church School Classes
- 2-3 years
- Curriculum Walk with Me, a story-based curriculum connecting biblical stories with the lives of the children.
- 4-5 years and kindergarten
- Curriculum DWELL, a curriculum that encourages kids to pause and wonder, imagine, and interact with different parts of God’s Story in a culture that worships busyness.
- 1st-4th Grade
- Curriculum Feasting on the Word is the curriculum for classes 1st grade and up. It is based on award-winning commentaries and the expertise of our denomination’s most gifted theologians and educators. It uses the Revised Common Lectionary, so students and teachers get to explore the Scripture that is oftentimes the focus in worship.
- 5th-6th Grade
- Curriculum Connect Students receive their own Study Bible to learn the Old Testament in the 5th grade, the New Testament in the 6th grade. Quirky humor keeps kids coming back for more!
- Junior High (6th-7th Grade)
- Confirmation (8th Grade)
- Senior High (9th-12th Grade)
- Curriculum Wired Word Each Thursday morning, leaders receive an email that reflects on happenings in the news and discusses them in the context of our faith. On Sunday, the topics are discussed and explored in depth.
Church School Schedule
September – May Church School is held from 9:45-10:45am in the classrooms of the Holderness Mission Center.
June – August During the summer, a few select adult classes meet from 9:00-9:45am. Nurseries are available during the 10:00am worship service for children from infants to kindergartners.