As we shared in the February 7 newsletter, Westminster is embarking upon a capital campaign to:
- Renovate the Fellowship Hall,
- Do needed maintenance on our Sanctuary and Mission Center, which includes upgrades to our heating and cooling system to make it more energy efficient, and
- Pay off the mortgage on the property adjacent to our campus, which we purchased in 2015.
With these changes, we’ll be making room for mission, community, and faith, and we are guided by God’s call in Micah 6:8 for this important work. Our capital campaign project will enable us to continue to:
- Do justice, carrying out mission work that meets deep needs in Durham and beyond;
- Love kindness, building relationships of care that knit us together as a community; and
- Walk humbly with God, deepening the faith that sustains us as we serve and support one another.
What’s Coming Up
Check your mailbox this week for a bright yellow brochure! It shows the exciting ways that our capital campaign project will equip us to answer God’s call. Inside the brochure is a special prayer reminder to put up somewhere around your home.
Beginning in mid-March, you’ll hear more about the campaign within your small groups – Church School classes, committees, ministries, supper clubs, etc. Everyone will also receive a Devotional Journal in March to guide us through this process.
On March 18, we’ll have Gratitude Sunday, celebrating gratitude as the wellspring of generosity. You’ll hear more about Gratitude Sunday soon, but be thinking about what you love most about your church home now!