Monthly Archives: December, 2015
Wetminster will offer a two-part class in Room 105 on the sacraments of baptism and communion for children who are currently in 2nd grade or older and at least one parent. Lunch will be included in our time together and childcare is available for younger siblings upon request.
- Sunday, January 10, 12:15-1:45pm (Lunch included) – Remembering Your Baptism: You Are God’s Beloved
- Sunday, January 24, 12:15-1:45pm (Lunch included) – Welcoming Children to the Lord’s Table: Communion
Per the Session’s letter, we’re compiling resources to help us know more about our Muslim brothers and sisters. We’ll be updating this list periodically as we listen and learn together.
- Armstrong, Karen, A History of God. New York: Ballantine Books, 1993.
- Armstrong, Karen, Islam: A Short History. New York: Random House, 2000.
- Aslan, Reza, No god but God: The Origins, Evolution and Future of Islam. New York: Random House Trade Paperbacks, 2011.
- Renard, John, Seven Doors to Islam: Spirituality and the Religious Life of Muslims. Berkeley, Los Angeles, London: University of California Press, 1996.
- Sells, Michael, Approaching the Qur’a`n: The Early Revelations. Asheland, OR: White Cloud Press, 1999.
- Volf, Miroslav, Do We Worship the Same God?: Jews, Christians, and Muslims in Dialogue. Grand Rapids: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing, 2012
Suggested Articles and Digital Resources
- Overview of theological tenets and practices of Islam from The Pluralism Project at Harvard University
- Reflection on recent violence by Omid Safi, head of the Duke Islamic Studies Center
- On Being Podcasts
- Islam: Empire of Faith, PBS Documentary (2 hours 40 minutes)
- Muslims, Frontline
- Sojourner Magazine: Sojourners is a Christian organization seeking to build a movement of compassionate Christians