Mental Illness through the Lens of Faith and Film
October 18-November 15 in Room 208
Using a curriculum that was developed by Jay C. Williams, a practicing PhD Clinical Social Worker in Chapel Hill and member of University Presbyterian Church, this class will explore some of the more common mental health diagnosis.
The topics covered will include:
- October 18: Introduction and Depression – Dr. Kathleen Lapp
- October 25: Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia, PTSD – Nancye Bryan
- November 1: Childhood and Adolescent Anxiety – Dr. Brian Nicoll
- November 8: Psychosis – Kay Wellemeyer
- November 15: Dementia and Brain Injury – Dr. Jay Williams
In each session, we will discuss the topic and watch a movie clip illustrative of the diagnosis. The goal is to gain a deeper understanding and consider how Westminster can provide faithful ministry to those whose lives have been affected by serious mental illness.