It takes a village to raise a child, and the children and youth of this Westminster village need people like you to serve as Church School teachers this year.
FAQs About Teaching Church School
- When does Church School take place? From 9:45-10:45am beginning the Sunday after Labor Day through the Sunday before Memorial Day.
- What if I can’t teach every Sunday? Church School teachers serve in teams of 4-6 people, with two or more teachers in a class each Sunday, so there is flexibility in the schedule.
- Do I have to come up with a curriculum? Nope! The Christian Education Committee provides a theologically solid, teacher-friendly curriculum with lessons for each Sunday.
- Is there anything to help me prepare for teaching? Teacher training sessions are offered throughout the year, and teachers also take a Child & Youth Protection Policy training prior to serving.
Which classes need teachers?
These are the current openings for teachers (approximate class size in parentheses):
- 2-3 Yr Olds (8-12): 3 teachers needed
- 4 Yr Olds- K (16): 1 teacher needed
- 1st Grade (12): 2 teachers needed
- 2nd Grade (9): 4 teachers needed
- 3rd Grade (9): 3 teachers needed
- 4th Grade (12): 3 teachers needed
- 5th Grade (6): 3 teachers needed
- 6th-7th Grade (19): 4 teachers needed
- Senior High (10-15): 4 teachers needed
Contact Heather Ferguson with other questions or to join a teaching team.