Per the Session’s letter, we’re compiling resources to help us know more about our Muslim brothers and sisters. We’ll be updating this list periodically as we listen and learn together.
- Armstrong, Karen, A History of God. New York: Ballantine Books, 1993.
- Armstrong, Karen, Islam: A Short History. New York: Random House, 2000.
- Aslan, Reza, No god but God: The Origins, Evolution and Future of Islam. New York: Random House Trade Paperbacks, 2011.
- Renard, John, Seven Doors to Islam: Spirituality and the Religious Life of Muslims. Berkeley, Los Angeles, London: University of California Press, 1996.
- Sells, Michael, Approaching the Qur’a`n: The Early Revelations. Asheland, OR: White Cloud Press, 1999.
- Volf, Miroslav, Do We Worship the Same God?: Jews, Christians, and Muslims in Dialogue. Grand Rapids: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing, 2012
Suggested Articles and Digital Resources
- Overview of theological tenets and practices of Islam from The Pluralism Project at Harvard University
- Reflection on recent violence by Omid Safi, head of the Duke Islamic Studies Center
- On Being Podcasts
- Islam: Empire of Faith, PBS Documentary (2 hours 40 minutes)
- Muslims, Frontline
- Sojourner Magazine: Sojourners is a Christian organization seeking to build a movement of compassionate Christians