Lenten Community Book Read: March 1 – April 15
During Lent this year, you’re invited to read “Way of Love” by Norman Wirzba together with your WPC family. It’s often said that God is love, yet God’s message of compassion and caring for others can become overshadowed by the battles dividing us politically, culturally, and religiously. “Why does Christianity matter if it isn’t about love?” asks Wirzba, a professor of Theology and Ecology at Duke University.
Here’s how you can connect with your church family on the message of “Way of Love.” We invite you to take part in whichever ways are meaningful to you. Get complete details on all of the activities here.
- Sign up for the study in myWPC or in the Mission Center today. Books are $15 and are available for purchase when you sign up online and in the Mission Center.
- Listen as the pastors weave themes from the book into sermons and liturgy in Sunday worship throughout Lent.
- Join the online discussion forum on Facebook with weekly prompts and questions from the book. Click here, log into your Facebook account, and click “Join Group” to participate.
- Come to Sunday book discussions led by pastors and staff after 11am worship on March 12, 26, and April 9 in Room 105.
- Watch films Wirzba draws from in the book during Movie & Dessert Nights in the Parlor from 6:30-9pm on Fridays, March 17 and 31.
- Attend Aperture: Third Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm on April 19 with
guest speaker and “Way of Love” author Norman Wirzba.
Love has always been the Way, even if we have forgotten it from time to time.
Contact: Heather Ferguson