Taking the Next Step is this year’s stewardship program to support the mission and ministry of Westminster for the year ahead. The hope of the Stewardship Committee is that this will be a process grounded in prayer and trust in God, who is abundantly gracious.
Everyone is asked to read the daily devotional “Practicing Extravagant Generosity” together. Its short passages offer compelling insights that will shape how you think about generosity. Devotionals are available for $5 after worship and at the front desk.
Members of each Church School class and small group will take time to share more about Taking the Next Step and ask for your prayers. Prayer will be an important part of this process. A special team of folks is praying for the church and its ministry, and for each group within the church nearly every day of October. See the prayer calendar below to learn when your group or class is receiving prayers. We are not praying for money or larger pledges, but that God might work God’s own purposes out through each of us.
Taking the Next Step Sunday: October 29
October 29 is Taking the Next Step Sunday. We ask everyone to make it a priority to be in worship that Sunday. Every member will have the opportunity during worship to fill out an Estimate of Giving card for the coming year and turn it in at the end of the service. View a sample of the Estimate of Giving card.
Mailed Items & Bulletin Inserts
- Introduction Letter from Chris Tuttle and Luke Bumm
- Taking the Next Step Brochure
- Devotional Bookmark
- Giving Grid with Giving Path (bulletin insert on October 15)
- Invitation to Taking the Next Step Sunday from Chris Tuttle
- A Guide to Discernment
- October 1 – The Invitation to Trust by Chris Tuttle
- October 8 – Guidance from the Storm by Chris Tuttle
- October 15 – The Antidote to Idolatry by Chris Tuttle
- October 29 – The Story is Still Going On… by Chris Tuttle
- October 1 – Luke Bumm and Amy Simonson
- October 8 – Chuck Byrd
- October 15 – Luke Bumm and Amy Simonson
- October 22 – Carol Mansfield
- October 29 – Dana Lange
- November 19 – Luke Bumm and Amy Simonson