Westminster provides dinner, dinner hosts, and childcare on Monday and Tuesday nights during our volunteer week with Families Moving Forward. Parents attend house meetings and receive life skills training, while volunteers watch the children after dinner. Volunteers are needed for:
Monday, November 13:
- 2-3 volunteers to provide plates, plastic utensils, napkins, water, milk, and lemonade for up to 70 people on Monday night.
- 2 volunteers to pick up food, drive to Families Moving Forward, and set up dinner (300 N. Queen St, Durham; 4:30-5:30pm)
- 2 dinner hosts to eat with the families and help clean up (5:30-6:30pm)
- 3 childcare volunteers for after dinner (6:30- 8pm)
Tuesday, November 14:
- 3 volunteers to cook dinner for up to 20 people and bring to FMF (300 N. Queen St, Durham)
- 3 dinner hosts to eat with the families and help clean up (5:45-6:30pm)
- 3-4 childcare volunteers for after dinner (6:30-7:30pm)
Childcare volunteers (18+) need to complete child protection training and background checks. If you have completed Westminster’s Child & Youth Protection Policy Training in person, that qualifies. Contact: Louise Holland.