Dementia: Navigating the Long Unknown
Sundays, September 17 – October 15
6:30-8pm in the Music Room
The prevalence of dementia-related illnesses is on a marked upswing, affecting ever more family members and friends. Please plan to join us for this important and informative series hosted by Westminster’s Mental Health Task Force.
The following local professionals will lead us:
- September 17 – The ABCs of Dementia with Bonnie Thommarson of Home Instead Senior Care
- September 24 – I Am Still With You: A Theological Approach to Dementia with Dr. Warren Kinghorn
- October 1 – Update on Dementia Management with Dr. Mitchell T. Heflin
- October 8 – Dementia Family Care: What Happens? What Helps? with Lisa P. Gwyther, MSW, LCSW
- October 15 – Presentation by Dementia Inclusive Durham
A movie night is planned for Friday, October 6 (Still Alice). There is no registration for the series on Sundays, but please sign up to attend the movie night.
For more information, call Nancye Bryan (919-942-4033) or Heather Ferguson (919-489- 4974).