Westminster’s youth program is for 6th – 12th graders. Many are members of the church; their friends and other youth from the community are always welcome. The youth program combines recreation, local mission, Bible study, and community building. It is led by the Youth Council, youth advisors, parents, youth, and the Associate Pastor for Youth Ministry.
The Youth Group is a place where members are encouraged to be themselves. We strive for each gathering and activity to foster a deeper relationship with Christ, each other, and the world. Along with our regular weekly program, our youth are very active in our church, local, and global communities. Youth have opportunities to:
- participate in worship
- attend conferences
- perform local mission work
- travel for mission trips
Check out the 2017-2018 Youth calendar for events and details.
We are God’s Youth!
- Connected to one another, WPC, and the greater Church
- Struggling with and constructing our relationships with Christ and each other in an environment of love and respect
- Glorifying God in our service to the community: local and global
We are God’s youth: growing, living, crying, laughing, and serving together in Christ’s love.
Once a month during our Sunday Evening Community Gatherings, the youth meet in their interest-based small groups.
- Adventurers: A hiking, outdoors, running small group that explores local trails and outdoor adventures
- Pick-Up Pack: A pick-up sports small group that will play a variety of games
- Baking Buddies: A small group that will bake treats for those from the congregational care list and other groups within our congregation
- Music Makers: A music small group that will gather to play music together, meet musicians, and plan music for Youth Sunday
- Art in Action: An art small group that will make all different kinds of art together – photography, crafts, pieces for worship/bulletins, as well as meet local artists and go on art excursions
- Game Gurus: A games small group that will gather to play board, card, and strategy games
- Justice League: A social justice small group that will meet with local leaders and learn about ways to live into Micah 6:8
At WPC we look to Micah 6:8, and hear the scripture calling us to mission as we “seek justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with God.” Some of the local agencies we serve with are:
- NC Diaper Bank
- Urban Ministries
- Families Moving Forward
Mission work is our response to God’s grace and is taken seriously by the youth. We serve shelter meals four times during the year and take an annual trip. Once a month during youth group community gatherings on Sunday nights, the junior and senior high youth will serve a local mission site.
During the summer, WPC’s youth go out into the world to serve and learn on mission trips. Learn about their journeys and follow along with their mission trip devotionals on the Mission Trip Blog.