Classes are provided for children and youth, age 2 through 12th grade. All classes are led by teams of adult volunteer teachers who are committed to the mission of telling and living the Good News of God and God’s relationship with us through Jesus Christ.
Church School Classes
- 2-3 years
- Curriculum Walk with Me, a story-based curriculum connecting biblical stories with the lives of the children.
- 4-5 years and kindergarten
- Curriculum DWELL, a curriculum that encourages kids to pause and wonder, imagine, and interact with different parts of God’s Story in a culture that worships busyness.
- 1st-2nd Grade
- Curriculum Feasting on the Word is the curriculum for classes 1st grade and up. It is based on award-winning commentaries and the expertise of our denomination’s most gifted theologians and educators. It uses the Revised Common Lectionary, so students and teachers get to explore the Scripture that is oftentimes the focus in worship.
- 3rd Grade
- 4th Grade
- 5th Grade
- Junior High (6th-7th Grade)
- Confirmation (8th Grade)
- Senior High (9th-12th Grade)
- Curriculum Animate: Faith is an interactive course that imaginatively explores some of the most important questions of faith. Lessons feature videos from leading Christian voices and spend time on personal reflection, journaling, and sharing ideas with the group. Each video blends live action with animation to introduce a question, provide a thought-provoking perspective, and beckon youth to participate in the dialogue.
Church School Schedule
September – May Church School is held from 9:45-10:45am in the classrooms of the Holderness Mission Center.
June – August During the summer, Church School is held from 9-9:45am in the classrooms of the Holderness Mission Center. The Present Word adult Church School class meets at this time. Nurseries are available during the 10am worship service for children from infants to kindergartners.