The Christian Education Committees work annually with a budget of approximately $14,000 (less than 3% of the non-staff compensation portion of the operating budget). This funding covers the activities of both the Children and Youth Christian Education (CYCE) Committee and the Adult Christian Education (ACE) Committee
With its portion of Christian Education funds, the CYCE Committee:
- Implements child, youth, and intergenerational programming:
- Church School curriculum for ages 2 through 12th grade, including supplies and snacks
- WOW: First Wednesdays, a monthly program for intergenerational fellowship, service, learning, collaboration, and fun
- we•form kids, a weekly faith formation program for kindergartners through 5th graders
- Godly Play, a class held during the 11:00 worship service that draws children into God’s stories and invites them to experience the Holy Spirit through creativity and imagination
- On-site Vacation Church School, “Faith Family Circles,” which is designed to appeal to a broad array of families and individuals at WPC
- Provides Bibles to WPC children and youth for their lifelong faith formation journey
- Provides snacks and supplies for the nurseries
As a result of the funds invested in Christian education and faith formation, we have seen children engaged in learning the stories of God’s people and serving their neighbors in need. Families of all shapes and sizes have come together as a community of faith.
The CYCE Committee greatly appreciates the congregational support that makes it possible to provide this array of child, youth, and intergenerational Christian education opportunities. We have and will continue to strive to be good stewards of the funds we receive.